Sunday, January 13, 2013

An Entire House of Trim

All of the trim is out of the house and in the process of getting freshened, or refinished.  My dad has taken on the task of refinishing it.  We don't know what we would have done without his help.  I went down this weekend and helped him a little.  The process isn't fast and since it's freezing outside he can only do a few boards at a time in the basement of their house.  My mom isn't too thrilled about having her basement a stinky disaster.

Dad and Ryan working on refinishing a piece of trim.  Dad shellac'ed and Ryan put the board away and got him a new one.....I think another way of saying it is Ryan was Grandpa's gopher!  Soon Ry got bored and I became the Gopher.


The Built-in Hutch from the dining room.  I was so thankful this came out in one nice piece, let's hope it stays in one nice piece when the time comes to move it back into the house.

All of the trim from the house is stored in one of the empty buildings on the farm.

Just a couple boards to refinish.

All of the doors from the house.

Dad's workshop and arsenal of refinishing tools


Dad's drying area

The woodwork drying

Drying and waiting for the next step

The done pile!


I learned a while back to never make a deal with my dad to be nice to him for life, the PC dies long before the deal is forgotten about.  I think after he is done with refinishing all this woodwork, all 5 Melquist family members may need to be nice to him for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment