Friday, December 28, 2012

New Roof Line




The past two weeks big changes have taken place at the house.  A dormer was removed and the new roof line has been framed in.  This new space will be the 2 older kids bedrooms.  I drive by the house twice a day to check out what has changed.  I was shocked the first day I drove by and saw that half the roof was gone!










View going up the stairs into the attic

Framing or temp support walls, we aren't sure

And the other side


Dormer removed

Framing has started

later that day, new bump out in place

One side of the new room

In their new rooms

View from the new bedrooms, no roof yet

Roof going up


Viewing this from the outside worried me that the roof line wasn't going to line up



View from the front of the house

New Roof line from inside, this view made a little better sense to me how they old and new roof was going to line up






New roof line from the front



View from the road


Before, During & After
  

4 comments:

  1. Aw...It was sad you had to remove a dormer. But I understand. If we're to need more space upstairs, it's probably one of the parts we would consider getting rid of first. Though it would be almost necessary to add new windows there as replacement to sustain the good ventilation on the higher floor. Allyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that your house looked better after the renovations! I hope your new roof is properly installed so that the kids won’t have any leaks in their room. I bet they’re enjoying their new room now and I hope things are doing well in your place. :)

    -Kemberly Loyd-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a year since the renovation, Amanda, how's the house going? I hope it's still fine, especially the roof. They are the most vulnerable part of the house as they are what protect us from the weather and other elements. Insulate your attic to protect your household from ice dam and ice clogged pipes.

    → Elizabeth @ RoofProMemphis.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these informative tips.That is very helpful to us for maintaining roof problems.

    Memphis Roofing Contractors

    ReplyDelete